Jim Smith-Mayor James Jenkins--District-3
Sally Poteet-District-1 Gib Wheeler
Steven Villa--District-4 Danny Fryar-
- At Large
NOTICE REGULAR MEETING:
PURSUANT TO ARTICLE V.T.C.S., Notice is hereby given that the City Council of the City of Stanton, Texas, will meet in a Regular Meeting Monday, July 8, 2019 at 7:00 p.m. in the Council Chambers located at 102 W. School Street, Stanton, Texas.
WITNESS MY HAND ON THIS THE 3rd of July, 2019.
Jessie Montez, City Administrator
1. Consider and take action on the June 10, 2019 minutes.
2. Public Comment (Limit 5 Minutes).
3. Consider and take action on 2nd Quarter Financial Report presented by Finance Director Patsy Simer.
4. Josh Haislip with Stallings and Herm, P.C. to discuss 2017-2018 Audit.
5. Consider and take action on 2017-2018 Audit by CPA Stallings and Herm.
6. Michael Holigan with JAMP to discuss housing project and annexation.
7. Zach Covington with Tarzan and Jane Truck Stop to discuss update on water and sewer line cost estimate.
8. Lester Baker with the Convent Board to discuss update on work done at the Convent.
9. Shannon Black with the Museum Board is requesting a grant from the Hotel/Motel Tax Fund for Restoration to the Historical Connell House.
10. Consider and take action on opening Landfill on the first Saturday of the month (weather permitting) from 9:30 am to 12:00 pm as stated on Permit.
11. Consider and take action on sending City Manager, Council Members and their spouses to the 2019 TML Conference in San Antonio, October 9th -11th, 2019.
12. Consider and take action on accepting Parkhill, Smith & Cooper bid of $246,935.15 (Two Hundred Forty-Six Thousand Nine Hundred Thirty-Five Dollars and Fifteen Cents) for Seal Coating.
13. Consider and take action on Economic Development Reports and Projects.
14. Consider reports from City Administrator (see attachment) and Chief of Police.
15. Consider and take action on June bills.
Posted: July 3, 2019
June 10, 2019
The City Council met in Regular Session on June 10th, 2019 at 7:00 p.m. in the Council Chambers at City Hall for a Regular meeting and to address Planning and Zoning requests. Present were City Administrator Jessie Montez, Mayor Jim Smith, Council Members Gib Wheeler, James Jenkins, Sally Poteet, Steven Villa, and Danny Fryar. Also present was Chief of Police Fred Schroyer and Finance Director Patsy Simer. Visitors: Ezekiel Bryand, Kelvin/Dannon Allred, Bill Reed, Audry Brown and Shannon Day.
Public Hearing on Planning and Zoning opened at 7:00 p.m. to discuss the following:
Audry Brown: Blk 97 Lt 7-12 Original Town (corner of W. Bell & S. College)
Tony Flores: Blk 85 Addition Original Town Lt 1-3 400 (Blk S. St. Mary)
Kelvin Allred: Sec 36-1-S 13 S/W corner N/W 4¼ Und Tnt
Shannon Day: 401 N. Carrol
There was no public comment. Public Hearing closed at 7:22 p.m.
The Council meeting was called to order by Mayor Jim Smith at 7:22 p.m.
A motion was made by Council Member Villa and seconded by Council Member Jenkins that the previous meeting minutes be approved as read. All voted for.
Public Comment: No comments.
Finance Director/Public Notary Patsy Simer swore in re-elected Council Member District-4, Steven Villa and Council Member At-Large, Danny Fryar.
A motion was made by Council Member Wheeler and seconded by Council Member Villa to grant the Museum $6,000.00 (Six Thousand Dollars) from the Hotel/Motel Tax Fund for yard maintenance at the Historical Connell House. All voted for.
The Council discussed and agreed unanimously to open the City of Stanton/Martin County Landfill on the 1st Saturday of each month.
A motion was made by Council Member Wheeler to not approve the following request:
Audry Brown: Blk 97 Lt 7-12 Original Town (corner of W. Bell & S. College) to place (2) two 14 x 16 cabins (max one person per unit).
Council Member Villa seconded the motion and all voted for.
No action was taken on Tony Flores: Blk 85 Addition Original Town Lt 1-3 400 (Blk S. St. Mary).
Council Member Fryar made the motion to approve the following:
Kelvin Allred: Sec 36-1-S 13 S/W corner N/W 4¼ Und Tnt a variance to install 2 (two) septic tanks within the city limits.
Council Member Wheeler seconded the motion and all were in favor.
Council Member Wheeler approved the following request:
Shannon Day: 401 N. Carrol requested a variance to place a 30’ x 60’ storage building within the 5’ set back of the north side property line and also requested to exceed the 12’ max height to 16’.
Council Member Jenkins seconded the motion. All voted for.
There were no Economic Development reports/projects.
Reports from Chief of Police: Discussed adding cameras at fuel pumps in certain areas; add’l officer (approx.. cost of $98,000), higher incidents are happening.
City Administrator reports: See attached.
Council Member Villa made the motion to pay the May bills. The motion was seconded by Council Member Poteet and all voted for.
Council Member Fryar made the motion to adjourn the meeting. Council Member Jenkins seconded the motion and all voted for. Meeting adjourned at 8:17 p.m.